This local chapter is located in/near Hartford, CT.
To contact/join this chapter, please see the contact info on the left.
To learn a little bit more about this Chapter and it's history, click here for an interview with co-leaders Kris McCue and Mark Cegielski.
- Mineral Depot
- Take advantage of sharing reduced bulk shipping rates, and splitting bulk items for less than individual sized pkgs
- Fedco Co-op
- Reduced prices on bulk orders, BFA members receive highest discount level, non members can also participate and save
- Monthly Chapter Meetings
- Gatherings held 1-2x per month in 2 locations within Hartford County
- Speakers educate on a variety of soil-health and food-health topics
- Network with fellow regenerative farmers and gardeners
- Meet local growers of regeneratively grown foods
- Soil Testing Assistance
- BFA offers special rate on soil testing at Logan Labs in Ohio.
- Support for interpreting soil test results and sourcing amendments, referrals to soil consultants
- Food Co-op
- Co-leaders Kris and Mark have been coordinators of a local organic food co-op for many years helping farmers make direct connections with consumers. We are enthusiastic to help others form new food co-operatives and buying clubs.
- BFA members get discounts for BFA-sponsored events and classes, soil and health books, and more
- Sharing Resources
- In progress is a lending library of books, magazines and dvds related to bionutrient growing, soil health, minerals, soil testing, and more
- Grower and Consumer Education
- Speakers at our monthly meetings address a variety of topics related to soil health, biological growing, and the importance of minerals to crop-health and human-health
- Host discussions on food quality
- Food quality research
- Learn to use a refractometer to test food quality
- Networking with Allied Organizations
- Tour of farms practicing regenerative farming and remineralizing
- Classes in growing and harvesting nutrient dense foods
- Build relationships with local farmerʼs markets and organizations focused on the correlation between food-quality and human health-quality such as the Weston A. Price Foundation
We hold regularly scheduled meetings and events. To see the latest, check us out at http://bfa.regenerativeag.net/CT/.
Jan 24 Chapter Meeting & Microbiology Presentation (Bloomfield, CT)
Feb 1 BFA Garden Seed Packaging for CT Flower & Garden Show (Simsbury, CT)
Feb 8 Book Discussion Group (Secrets of the Soil by Peter Tompkins) (TBA)
Feb 19 Chapter Seed Swap (Simsbury, CT)
Feb 22 Book Discussion Group (Secrets of the Soil by Peter Tompkins) (TBA)
Feb 23-26 BFA Chapter Tabling at the CT Flower & Garden Show (Hartford, CT)
Mar 20 Chapter Meeting: Bill Paradis talks about “High-Nutrient Produce for a Low-Income Budget” – addressing food insecurity and raising quality for all (New Britain, CT)
Apr 1 Workshop & Orchard Tour with Michael Phillips, orchardist (Meriden, CT)
We also have a YouTube channel that we are populating with valuable information and workshop excerpts: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A7jrDaMQZxbjZTW60lcvg.