This local chapter is located in/near Hartford, CT.
To contact/join this chapter, please see the contact info on the left.
To learn a little bit more about this Chapter and it's history, click here for an interview with co-leaders Kris McCue and Mark Cegielski.
- Mineral Depot
- Take advantage of sharing reduced bulk shipping rates, and splitting bulk items for less than individual sized pkgs
- Fedco Co-op
- Reduced prices on bulk orders, BFA members receive highest discount level, non members can also participate and save
- Monthly Chapter Meetings
- Gatherings held 1-2x per month in 2 locations within Hartford County
- Speakers educate on a variety of soil-health and food-health topics
- Network with fellow regenerative farmers and gardeners
- Meet local growers of regeneratively grown foods
- Soil Testing Assistance
- BFA offers special rate on soil testing via Logan Labs in Ohio
- Support for interpreting soil test results and sourcing amendments, referrals to soil consultants
- Food Co-op
- Co-leaders Kris and Mark have been coordinators of a local organic food co-op for many years helping farmers make direct connections with consumers. We are enthusiastic to help others form new food co-operatives and buying clubs.
- BFA members get discounts for BFA-sponsored events and classes, soil and health books, and more
- Sharing Resources
- In progress is a lending library of books, magazines and dvd's related to bionutrient growing, soil health, minerals, soil testing, and more
- Grower and Consumer Education
- Speakers at our monthly meetings address a variety of topics related to soil health, biological growing, and the importance of minerals to crop-health and human-health
- Host discussions on food quality
- Food quality research
- Learn to use a refractometer to test food quality
- Networking with Allied Organizations
- Tour of farms practicing regenerative farming and remineralizing
- Classes in growing and harvesting nutrient dense foods
- Build relationships with local farmerʼs markets and organizations focused on the correlation between food-quality and human health-quality such as the Weston A. Price Foundation
We hold regularly scheduled meetings and events. To see the latest, check us out at http://bfa.regenerativeag.net/CT/.
Next Hartford Area CT BFA Chapter Event: TBA
We also have a YouTube channel that we are populating with valuable information and workshop excerpts: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A7jrDaMQZxbjZTW60lcvg.