The Rudolf Steiner Foundation supports BFA and our mission to increase nutrient quality in the food supply.
About Rudolf Steiner Foundation
RSF Social Finance (RSF) is a pioneering non-profit financial services organization dedicated to transforming the way the world works with money. In partnership with a community of investors and donors, RSF provides capital to non-profit and for-profit social enterprises addressing key issues in the areas of Food & Agriculture, Education & the Arts, and Ecological Stewardship.
RSF has three focus areas – Food & Agriculture, Education & the Arts, and Ecological Stewardship – and consider the long-term impact their investments have on the market as a whole, and the people and places affected by their investments in particular.
Food & Agriculture
RSF is dedicated to exploring new economic models that support sustainable food and agriculture, while raising public awareness of the value of organic and Biodynamic farming. In particular, they seek projects that are characterized by the following values:
- Diversification, including on-farm diversity, diverse crops and animals, and diversity of food systems infrastructure, from value-added processing to distribution to retail;
- Region-first approaches, such as food systems that support the needs of a region before looking at export opportunities, regional applications and entities rather than global or national, and fair trade of place-based products between regions;
- Sustainable, as defined by social justice, ecological practices, and financial viability within all aspects of production, distribution, and retail.
RSF provides funding to organizations and projects devoted to sustaining, regenerating, and preserving the earth’s ecosystems, especially integrated, systems-based, and culturally-relevant approaches such as:
- Biomimicry, energy- and eco-efficiency;
- Green building materials and green consumer products;
- Ecological remediation and restoration, land conservation, and land trusts;
- Environmental legal defense, including projects supporting rights, indigenous cultures, and Commons.