This local chapter is located in/near Fairfield, Iowa.
To contact/join this chapter, please see the contact info on the left.
- Mineral Depot - We have a fully stocked and active mineral depot
- Grower Education - We offer workshops and educational meetings
- Food Cooperative - Chapter Leader, Faith Reeves, is on the board of our local Southeast Iowa Food Hub
- Networking with Allied Organizations
- Consumer Education - We are working with local clients, consulting in areas of soil re-mineralization, balancing a healthy soil micro-biome, assessing plant health, garden planning, preserving harvests and seed saving.
- Food Quality Research - We are currently collecting data with in-field plant nutrient analysts tools, and creating a data set to correlate and compare soil chemistry, soil biology and plant health.
When: Saturday, April 20, 2019 form 11:00am - 3:00pm
Where: The Eco Barn at S.E.E.D. Center, 2143 185 Street, Fairfield, IA [ map ]
Join us for our 2nd Annual Earth Day Celebration at the EcoBarn!
Co-sponsored by SE IA Sierra Club, Sustainable Living Coalition, SE IA Food Hub, and BFA SE IA Chapter
Live Spring Plant Sale (veggies & herbs) - All Day
Tour of the Eco Village - 11:30 and 1:30pm
Faith Reeves - Backyard Soil Science - Gardening Workshop - 12 Noon